Friday, November 4, 2011

Safety First

Last night the package with Bryce's bike helmet finally came (lest you think we plan to cart him around in his chariot without one), and he's pretty excited about the new "hat". We had to take him into the store to try on a few helmets before we got it, since as I predicted, there was no way we were going to stuff him in the size that's supposed to fit his age group. I don't know if you're aware of this, because his glorious head of hair makes it less obvious, but my son was blessed with an enormous noggin. I'm going to have to take the blame on the genetics here, not that his father's dome is a small matter either.


It took me a while to figure out that the red arrow on the "front" was actually a reflector for the back, but now that he's got it facing the right way, I'm sure he'll be plenty safe while playing with these toys.





He's also a big fan of his Dodger ensemble for next year. It's a miracle when we get pictures without him wearing this hat, since he runs to get it every time I pull out the camera. That little boy in the mirror is lookin' good!

His other new favorite is stuffed animals. They get pretty good treatment around here. Free rides for everyone who fits on the car, and such.



No comments:

Post a Comment